"Buddy Spike" News Update
Operation "Blue Flag" Round 8"
Testing continues for Blue Flag's new round. Round 8 presents a Nato vs Russia concept with weapons restrictions for both sides.
- NATO vs RUSSIAN aircraft concept
- Blue side: F-15C, M2KC, F-5E, A-10C, A-10A, HAWK, Gazelle, UH-1H
- Red side: SU-27, MiG-29S, MiG-29A, MiG-21, SU-25T, SU-25A, L-39C, LZ-39, KA-50, Mi-8
- SA-3 SAM replaced by SA-8 units for both sides
- Added random weather variants of the mission (on each mission restart)
- Added night missions
- Air to Air weapons limitations (No AIM-120, R-27ER, R-27ET, R-77)
- Air to Ground weapons limitations (No CBUs, SEAD missiles, Nuclear bombs, Removed AGM-65 except D version)
- Hosting the latest Ciribob's DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387)
- Added Simple radio icons & support on the Campaign's real time map webpage (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com)
- Added Comm Arrays
- Tweaks on aircraft slots (numbers etc)
- Tweaks on ground units positions
- Tweaks on aircraft skins
- Replaced ZU-23 emplacements with Shilkas
- Added Gazelle L version in FARPs
To do: Tweak AI airbase refueling process
They consist new groups that include EWRs, Air defence units & Armed Houses.
Their purpose is to provide better picture to Ground commanders as they are placed in locations that had blind spots before.
Both sides can capture them as all other assets (Airbases, FARPs, Cities).
Ciribob is on fire fixing issues reported and adding features in the Radio software. It's a great addition for the campaign and we highly recommend everyone to use it during the sessions for better immersion and to get more numbers in for better testing. Each pilot connected in the server & in the radio can see a "headset" icon next to his callsign in the map (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/). Official Frequencies going to be used during Round 8: LINK
SIMPLE RADIO SERVER IP: 18.104.22.168
The official start day will be announced soon so stay tuned!
The "Buddy Spike" Team