Main Forum
Page
of 10

Introductions

91 replies
Votes:
Red Side Pilots
Hello guys!
Just join your server to enjoy organized flight using SimpleRadio.
I mostly fly the MiG21, but I recently put myself into the Mi-8 (too sad, there is no missions such as convoy attack/light AAA objective).
See you in the sky.
Posted Oct 12, 16
Votes:
+1
Blue Side Pilots
Hello, I'm new in DCS World.
But soon as possible I Will try Blue Flag campaign.
Posted Oct 15, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
Red Side Pilots
Hello!

I'm Fran, callsign "Nanny" and just wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions.

I stumbled upon DCS recently and since then have somehow suddenly added the Huey, the Ka-50 and A10 and the Mirage to my "possessions".

After watching a "couple" of videos from people playing on your server, I decided to maybe join up here for some fun serious internet flying.

I've already studied the SOP, but there are still some things regarding the comms I don't quite understand. I apologize in advance but as you know there are no dumb questions, only inquisitive idiots:

Should I (if you even accept me :p) use Teamspeak OR SimpleRadio or BOTH? Or is SimpleRadio a widget/gadget/addon that is using TS?

And what do the whisper lists do exactly? Are they "simply" for speaking to a group of people not in your channel or do they have a secret super use that I don't know of?

Currently, I am mainly crashing in the Huey, but since Red side seems to lack players I would join there in the Black Shark / Mirage (after lots of training, though.

Fran
Whisky, gambling and Ferraris are better than housework.
- Fran├žoise Sagan
Posted Oct 15, 16
Votes:
+36
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Red Side Pilots
Axis (Operation "Case Blue")
TheNanny wrote:
Should I (if you even accept me :p) use Teamspeak OR SimpleRadio or BOTH? Or is SimpleRadio a widget/gadget/addon that is using TS?

And what do the whisper lists do exactly? Are they "simply" for speaking to a group of people not in your channel or do they have a secret super use that I don't know of?

Fran
Simple Radio Standalone is just what the name implies. It's a standalone application to allow the use of the various radios in your DCS modules. This means as long as the application is running, and you're connected to the correct server you'll be able to use your in game radios as the real pilots would to communicate with people in the game.

Primarily use SRS, and fallback to TS when you need to.

Whisper lists are exactly as you expect. A method to communicate with those outside of your channel.

Lastly, once you join a team you can't change it (without admin help), so choose wisely.
Posted Oct 15, 16
Votes:
Red Side Pilots
Cool! Thanks for the info.
Posted Oct 15, 16
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Hey guys I'm a newbie here at the site. Been playing DCS for over a year but I was scared to ever play in the Multiplayer arena. I'm looking forward to learn from anyone. I'm a pilot in real life but DCS seems like a different ball game.

I'm looking for to learning the game and any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Joe
Posted Oct 29, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Blue Side Pilots
Have been looking @ Buddy spike a bit now and decided to join. Im a long time DCS Eagle driver and looking forward to all the fun with Buddy Spike
Posted Nov 25, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
Blue Side Pilots
New member here! Been around on DCS for a while now, finally got a nice setup at home after a few big house moves. Looking forward to flying with you all.

I've applied for Blue Flag, how long does it take to get a reply from that?

Cheers,

Rob
Posted Dec 16, 16
Votes:
Blue Side Pilots
I'm a new member who just recently got into DCS. Purchased FC3 and a good hotas setup and wanting to learn how to fly A-10s and Eagles. Are there any newbie friendly squadrons out there?
Posted Dec 21, 16
Votes:
Blue Side Pilots
Hello everybody on the buddyspike forum!

My name is Rosh, Callsign: REAPER | Rosh. Have been flying with the REAPERS since starting our little squadron.
Still learning allot in Buddyspike and hope to learn allot more.

Hope to see you in the server!

My contribution in buddyspike (latest sortie):
Ever want to fly together? Give me a DM! :)
Posted Jan 5, 17
Page
of 10
NoticeNotices