Sq.Leader
Votes:
+57
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Squadron Leaders
373vFS Phoenix
New to the "Buddy Spike" website? Introduce yourself in here!
Posted Jul 24, 15 · OP
Sq.Leader
Votes:
Squadron Leaders
Buddy Spike Proud Donator
31st Combined Operation Group
Red Side Pilots
Hey all :) - saw your post over on the ED forums and thought I'd have a look. This looks like a great initiative, and pretty awesome already.

Looking forward to having a go in the missions....I may even play target drone in Ace of Spades (I suck at dogfighting :))
Posted Jul 24, 15
Sq.Leader
Votes:
+57
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Squadron Leaders
373vFS Phoenix
Welcome carrollhead!

Looking forward also to do some dogfightings with many of the community members and move on the 24/7 Campaign :)

You can register for the campaign here :
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416

Just add your callsign and prefered aircraft if you are a lonewolf and not a member of a squadron.

Example :
Callsign: carrolhead
Prefered aircraft : F-15C

See you online 8)
Posted Jul 25, 15 · OP
Votes:
373vFS Phoenix
A hello from me also!!!
Posted Jul 25, 15
Sq.Leader
Votes:
Squadron Leaders
Blue Side Pilots
Allies (Operation "Case Blue")
Nice setup so far.

Real cool stuff happen in the background of the DCS Community!

+1 from me!

Will post my registration in the ED Forum during the weekend, waiting for one guy to build up a buddy team.

PS.: Don`t be annoyed if i ask so many questions :dizzy: - it is my nature if idon`t understand it! :thumb:
Posted Jul 25, 15
Sq.Leader
Votes:
+57
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Squadron Leaders
373vFS Phoenix
Welcome all!
No worries about the questions.They help to clear things up and improve anything needed in the site etc.
Posted Jul 25, 15 · OP
Sq.Leader
Votes:
Squadron Leaders
Red Side Pilots
Welcome carrollhead!

Looking forward also to do some dogfightings with many of the community members and move on the 24/7 Campaign :)

You can register for the campaign here :
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416

Just add your callsign and prefered aircraft if you are a lonewolf and not a member of a squadron.

Example :
Callsign: carrolhead
Prefered aircraft : F-15C

See you online 8)

Well - I am in a squad, and some more of them may well come over and register. Do we need to some sort of squadron registration?
Posted Jul 25, 15
Sq.Leader
Votes:
+57
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Squadron Leaders
373vFS Phoenix
For the "Ace of Spades" air to air league you don't have to register as a squadron.You are ok with your current registration and can already participate in the server (please be sure to have the labels mod installed)

For the upcoming Campaigns (Operation "Blue Flag") you have to register as a squadron to our ED forum post. ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416 )

Even if you don't know the exact number of your available pilots you should move on the registration as we would like to know the squadron names and prepare our scripts as there will be some dedicated aircraft slots.
Posted Jul 25, 15 · OP
Sq.Leader
Votes:
Squadron Leaders
Red Side Pilots
Roger no problems. I'll add us in. Does the server need tags on player names or something like that? I can make sure those that participate get the names correct if needed :)

Btw - I just replaced the labels.lua file in my dcs installation with the one in the download - I take it that's the correct way to do it?
Posted Jul 25, 15
Sq.Leader
Votes:
+57
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Squadron Leaders
373vFS Phoenix
Yes you should be ok with the labels mod. If anything is wrong you won't be able to connect to the Server so we can check it.

About the squadron tags.They are not necessary at this point though it would be nice to show your squadron name.
It should be necessary when the campaign will be released.

See you for some dogfighting on the DCS Israel Server!
Posted Jul 25, 15 · OP
Page
of 10
NoticeNotices