Main Forum

What did you do with Harriers guys?

9 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
When I start with your great server with Harrier ,what is now my favourite airplane,I was disapointed that Harrier had to start with verry narrow path,somewhere in mountains, without load,then fly to nearest airport ,landed,load amunition and fuel,and then you could start mision.But O.K I finally practice landing.
But what did you created now with Harrier is out of my mind.Not only we have to start from narrow path somewhere in mountains,BUT fully loaded,BUT without FUELL!!!!!OR with fuell for 15-20min.!!!,surrounded with street lights and electricity poles.TAke off is absolutelly suicide mission.Not only you cant move even litle your front wheel to go straight(becouse you immediately run out of path),but if you make some magic and take off full loaded from that 2 meter path you hit street lamp which is surrounded you not only from sides but even from top.So If I take off I hit immediately top of light.I can say I m quite god with harrier and take off is easiest think to do with,but when I cant take off on 3-5 time in a row thats absolutely ridiculous.
So ,If I make magic and take off from that path ,I IDONT HAVE FUELL TO DO ANY MISSION!!!,so I have to fly anyway on first nearest airport for refueling and what I have to do all the time???JETISON of all loads what you prepared me on HArrier,becouse landed fully loaded is kamikaze mission.
Why you guys dont give a Harriers on airports like rest of aircrafts???I really cant understand what is the reason put HArriers somewhere else?
THX.
Posted Apr 6, 18 · OP
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
I thought there was a way rearm etc. at the FARPS (surely the meaning of a FARP ;)). I'm 100% sure I have seen people spawn there in Harriers, arm + refuel and fly straight to missions. Have you tried actually landing at the FARP helipad itself (close to where you spawn). That's how it usually works for the rotary wings.

Tight take offs in the harrier can be tricky but makes it all the more rewarding and having them operate out of the FARPS makes them all the more dangerous, and undetectable, to red coalition IMO.
Posted Apr 7, 18 · Last edited Apr 7, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
THX for replay but ,even when you rearm on FARP you cant take off ,becouse you are too heavy for VTOL and I dont see another way how to take off fully loaded from FARP square, what is obviously imposible without VTOL.
I ll be very thankfull if somebody confirm your thought and have personal experience with fully loaded harrier FARP take off on server.
Posted Apr 7, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 7, 18
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
hmmm interesting, definitely need some input from a Harrier pilot here as to how it works but I have absolutely seen them do it. Must be a trick somewhere!
Posted Apr 7, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
And now it is even impossible land on FARP square,becouse you are fully loaded,but with no fuell or very small amount of fuell,so if you want to do it,you have to take of from path,then JETTISON all your load,but 1xAIM9 stay on your right wing and TPOD asvell and try to VTOL landing in FARP square.Not possible.
Posted Apr 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
Looks like there is similar concerns raised on the Eagle Dynamics Blue Flag thread as well https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175262&page=461

If the Harriers are truly impossible to use without first visiting an Airfield then it does feel a little strange there isn't some airfield based ones at least. There must be some persistent Harrier drivers then because on Red collation I see more than just a few!
Posted Apr 7, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
yop i found it and add one more point for answers. :-)
Posted Apr 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Blue Side Pilots
I fly harrier in Blueflag and yes, there are few farps with light poles but it's not impossible to take off if you stay in the middle of the road + some tempistics for when to push max power for flying higher than the poles.
I usually land VTOL on farps but, of course, you cannot T/O fully refueled and rearmed, but I can still find a compromise between weapons and velocity of RTB
Posted Apr 12, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
Thank you for respond.I didnt fly BF 1 week so I dont know how is it now,but last time I flought Harrier was fully loaded on road with only small amount of fuel,so that was even worst to take of and if you wanted land VTOL on FARP you had to JETISON all load but with 1xAIM9 still on your right wing. :-)))
Crazy.
Posted Apr 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 12, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
The Harriers are FUBARed, If you choose a road without poles it will work but the way they are now it doesn't.
Basicly you have start a VTOL and then jettison your stores.
Its at 2300ft at the place I tested and at that altitude the jet has decreased VTOL capability.
If they place them on a FARP at least they can choose own loadout prior to T/O.
Also the loadout they start with isn't very good, I would say 2 AIM-9, 2 AGM-122 and then the two inner most could be up to convenience.
Just having 1 A-A and 1 ARM means you cant be effective against anything and would be unrealistic.

Edit:
after flying some more missions I see that not all FARPs are affected. But there are some with light poles on both sides and I have seen enough people die on them.
For now my work around where there is poles is this:
Dump fuel (to 2800)
Max flaps
Water to T/O
almost max power
let it lift up and gently fly over to the FARP and land. (NOT on the pads but on the green/white where the trucks are).
Rearm/refuel. Back up to the edge of the green where you have a clear straight line over its width. set max flaps and STO at 60.
Take off!
Posted Sun at 11:12 · Last edited Thu at 15:08
NoticeNotices